Total system failure from stressed valve actuator?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
All you need is a basic Voltmeter. It might be digital and will most likely need a battery. Should be under $10 unless HF is having a promotion.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Reactions: setsailsoon

Wilco500

Jan 25, 2020
Tucson
I replaced the fuse on the power center which I found was blown, but each time i turned on the power, it lit up briefly then blew the fuse. ( so much for that $6). So i think my circuit board is bad.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
I replaced the fuse on the power center which I found was blown, but each time i turned on the power, it lit up briefly then blew the fuse. ( so much for that $6). So i think my circuit board is bad.
Show us where the fuse in the your power center is. What size is the fuse?

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Wil,

When you replaced the fuse, were the valve actuators connected to the main board or not??? I suspect that if you disconnect the actuator connectors, that the fuse will not blow.. If that is true, then you then will just have to figure out which actuator is bad.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon

Wilco500

Jan 25, 2020
Tucson
Its gotta be the one that started the problem, i got a guy coming out monday, but at least i have it narrowed down and the hit should be less. Thanks for you alls help, i do appreciate it.

Wilco500

Jan 25, 2020
Tucson
I unplugged the suspect VA, replaced the fuse, fired it up, and everything is back on. Looks like I need to replace the VA. Thanks again for your guys’ assistance. 👍