Total Pump Replacement

swapilot75

May 3, 2019
Dallas
More explanation at....

I’m going to order this pump today, but first wondering if there are any issues with wiring or plumbing. My question is being that it is also a single speed pump, would the wiring be the same? Also I’m assuming the plumbing would be slightly different so I will have to adjust it. Any advice on this? Any other issues with replacing a Challenger with this Pentair SuperFlo?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I’m going to order this pump today, but first wondering if there are any issues with wiring or plumbing. My question is being that it is also a single speed pump, would the wiring be the same? Also I’m assuming the plumbing would be slightly different so I will have to adjust it. Any advice on this? Any other issues with replacing a Challenger with this Pentair SuperFlo?

Your old pump is 230 and the new pump needs to be 230V. Electrically the new pump should hook right up.

I don't know if the suction and output ports will align perfectly and that may take a bit of PVC work.

If you can get a Pentair Superflo then grab it.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Be sure you read the statement at the bottom of the webpage you shared.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! Due to upcoming Department of Energy (DOE) Dedicated Purpose Pool Pump regulations and global supply chain constraints, the motor HP may have been substituted. Pentair has have replaced the pump/system ordered with a full-rated TEFC motor. TEFC motors are of higher quality and, typically, have higher efficiency than the pump ordered. The pump motor has been replaced with a comparable full-rated pump motor. The motor tag may reflect a lesser HP, however, Pentair has assured us that the performance curve for the replacement pump is the same or better than the ordered pump. Applies to skus #7675, #7676 and #7839.

swapilot75

May 3, 2019
Dallas
Be sure you read the statement at the bottom of the webpage you shared.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! Due to upcoming Department of Energy (DOE) Dedicated Purpose Pool Pump regulations and global supply chain constraints, the motor HP may have been substituted. Pentair has have replaced the pump/system ordered with a full-rated TEFC motor. TEFC motors are of higher quality and, typically, have higher efficiency than the pump ordered. The pump motor has been replaced with a comparable full-rated pump motor. The motor tag may reflect a lesser HP, however, Pentair has assured us that the performance curve for the replacement pump is the same or better than the ordered pump. Applies to skus #7675, #7676 and #7839.
I would think this change would make the pump available under the new regulations then?

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread