Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello I have a Sundance Altamar 880. It’s been a pretty much trouble free and it’s probably new in 2010 model. My wife called me and my grandkids were going to get in it but she says there is no power at all. She has checked both breakers, once I get home I will confirm. But I was hoping to get some advice prior to getting home from work. Is there anything on that circuit board I can check such as a fuse or something? once I get home I will get my ohm meter and make sure there’s power to the main circuit board, but I’m hoping maybe to be lucky and have a easy fix. Thanks in advance for any help

There are fuses in the Spa pack. Should be both cartridge type and glass fuses.
Start at the breaker, make sure you have 110V on each leg with respect to the neutral and 240V across L1 and L2.
Repeat this at the disconnect and again at the Spa pack itself. If OK, pull the disconnect and check the fuses with your ohm meter,

Thank you for the quick reply, I’ll do that as soon as I get home. I’m a bit green with electrical, but I think I understand. I should be able to touch each leg to the neutral to get 110 and then go leg to leg to get 240? If I started at the disconnect, that should illuminate the main breaker? thanks again for the quick reply, greatly appreciated.
Mark

OK I got home, turns out the breaker on the disconnect had tripped. My wife did not pull far enough to reset it so I simply reset it, and it’s working. Now the concern is why did it trip to begin with. Thanks again for the quick reply. Hopefully it will continue to work, but something is likely pulling harder than It should.

Gfci breakers can trip from a number of small leaks in the equipment, faulty heater, pumps, blower, or ozone, loose wire connections, or a bad breaker. Nuisance tripping (tripping randomly without apparent cause) is one of the most difficult spa issues to troubleshoot.
Keep us posted and I will do what I can to help.

Gfci breakers can trip from a number of small leaks in the equipment, faulty heater, pumps, blower, or ozone, loose wire connections, or a bad breaker. Nuisance tripping (tripping randomly without apparent cause) is one of the most difficult spa issues to troubleshoot.
Keep us posted and I will do what I can to help.
Thank you very much. So far it’s still running with no issues. Overall other than replacing a flow switch this has been a very good unit. I will post what happens with this going forward, hopefully it just continues to run.

OK, tonight I turned on all pumps my hot tub on after running for over 24 hours no problems. Within about a minute the breaker tripped. So I turned on the first pump which does nothing but blow air, worked fine. Shut it off and turned on the second pump which is labeled pump I, worked fine. Turn on the last pump which is labeled pump II, and the breaker tripped basically immediately. So then I turned on the first two pumps together and let them run, seems to be fine. I also turned the heat up so the heat indicator symbol came on, so the heater was running and also the air pump and second pump running no problem. I’m guessing it would be safe to assume my problem is the third pump, labeled pump II? It seems obvious but I’m not going to assume anything at this point. Definitely appreciate the input.

Looks that way.
Thank you, now I just need to identify the part number. I think it’s calling for a single speed 2.5 hp motor with a 56 frame, but I’m not sure what all of that means. Tomorrow if I get time I’ll try to take a side cover off and get a good look at the pump. I just found that information by googling, it might not be accurate.

Thank you, now I just need to identify the part number. I think it’s calling for a single speed 2.5 hp motor with a 56 frame, but I’m not sure what all of that means. Tomorrow if I get time I’ll try to take a side cover off and get a good look at the pump. I just found that information by googling, it might not be accurate.

Check the wiring leading to that pump. Simplest (cheapest) solution first. Before you go looking for a new pump do a good check of the harness going from the spa pack to the pump. Make sure nothing is frayed, cut, pulled out of a fitting, or anything like that (with the power off of course)

Reactions: A.O.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.