Total alkalinity

VinnyFindley

May 23, 2020
Cranston, RI
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have finally managed to get my chlorine CYA problem under control thanks to all the people who helped in the ammonia in pool water thread I started. These are my current readings:

fc 5 slowly going down haven't added any since Saturday morning. Limited sunshine since then.
cc less than 2 sample shows a very faint pink color. 1 drop R0003 immediately clears the faint pink
ph 7.6
ta 130 This pretty much hasn't budged through the whole process
th 260
cya 35

My pool is really a partial plaster pool that IS 4 feet of fiberglass with a painted concrete bowl shaped bottom. 10 feet deep to the drain at the bottom. I did the volume for a 16 X 36 oval 4 feet deep pool then estimated the rest for the bowl shaped bottom. I add chemicals based on 20,000 gallons which works out pretty well. Is the 130 TA ok but on the high end or should I knock it down to 110? 100 to 140 supposedly the normal range for vinyl liner, painted or fiberglass pool. From what I've read in the past that makes sense to me is that the TH is very important to help the paint last as long as it can by not etching and braking down the paint. Painted it last summer. Holding up well so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.