Top of water continuously dirty

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
Y'all I'm about to lose my mind over top surface of my pool. I always have a layer of "dirt" on my pool. Unfortunately, the people who built our pool put the skimmers and jets on the same side of the pool. Any ideas on how to keep it cleaner?

Dirt rarely floats. I assume it is plant material?

There are powered skimmers called Solar Breeze that run around the pool. See if that might help.

Do your skimmers have operating Weir doors???

Do you try to keep your water level no higher than the middle of the skimmer mouth?

How long do you run your VS pump and at what speeds??

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you get a big rain and it's above the top of the skimmer take the skimmer cover off and dump water to waste. Watch the floating things near the skimmer mouth, when they start getting sucked in stop dumping water and switch to filter. I have a pitiful setup as well and my skimming action is very sensitive to water level.

Angle the return jets to ripple the surface turned left or right so the water circles the pool ...our builder had ours straight out and the surface never moved leaving a layer of dirt...I had no clue if you pushed the jet they swiveled, once i changed the angle my problems were solved.

Reactions: Richard320

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.