Too much Salt?

Carhub

Oct 4, 2019
Savannah, GA
I have an Aqua Logic system. It is about 12 years old. I got a salt too low and chlorinator off message. I added salt. It did not go away so I added more salt. It still did not go away. I checked with local pool people and online and all indications was that the T-15 cell had finished it life. 12 years was a pretty good run. I ordered a replacement cell, not the original manufacturers replacement but the more economical brand. Now it is reading salt level too high and chlorinator off message. My online search for answers continued. I came across TFP and started reading some old posts with the same problem. They suggested re-soldering a burned spot on the back of the mother board. I did. I did it three times still the same readings. The actual salt level in the pool is about 2600 ppm (strip tested). Am I supposed to do something else to that spot on the back of the mother board other than heat it up and add some solder to it? What can I do now? I hope some out there has a solution. Thank you from Savannah, GA. Carhub

Welcome to TFP.

What are your diagnostic readings?

You really need to get the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test for accurate salt measurements.

Are you getting HIGH SALT or LOW SALT error now?

Last edited:
That's for AquaRite. They have Aqualogic, which is the precursor to ProLogic.

Go to diagnostics and see what the readings are. Then, press + to reverse polarity and see what the new readings are.

The high salt error can be a problem with the K1 relay connection on the board.

You will find a summary of the problem at..

and a much longer thread to wade through at

If the operating voltage is high (like 40 volts), that's usually a solder issue.

If the operating voltage is in the 24 to 28 volt range, and the amps are over 8.0, that's usually from the salinity being too high.

I got a K-1766 Taylor Salt test Kit. You all were right. With the new kit the salt read nearly 6000 ppm. I drained more water and refilled with fresh water. The salt level is down to the low 4000 ppm but the amps are still above 8 amps. Do I need to drain more water and refill with fresh water again? Will that reduce the amps?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.