Too much DE?

beatle

Dec 22, 2021
tucson
I just backwashed my DE filter by turning off pump, then switching the slide valve to backwash, run for 3 minutes, stop pump, switch valve to normal operation for about 30 s, then pump off, slide valve back to backwash, turn on pump for about a minute, then this process once more with reduced times. I looked on the DE filter and identified that I needed 1.3 Kg of DE, added using a scale that measures quite well. Poured DE into skimmer basket. Now I have what appears to be DE on the bottom of the pool. I brushed the entire pool a few times with the pump on high and the material just seems to settle back down. Also running the robot cleaner for a few times and it also has cloudy material in it. Is this indicative of too much DE? best solution? thank you

After reading another thread like mine that is near the top, it sounds like I should check the filter grid for tears and also make sure that the valve is seated properly. Everything was honkey dorey before the backwash, can that cause a tear in the filter grid?

I did not have a chance to check the filter grid but I notice today that there is noticeably less material on the pool bottom. I have run the pump on high yesterday for most of the day and on low today plus robot cleaning everyday. I am starting to wonder if the filter grid is actually okay?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.