Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi folks
Two weeks ago it got cold and my SWG stopped working well. I was going abroad for a week, so I dumped a few trichlor pucks in the inline chlorinator... Came back home to find FC levels tru the roof 20+.. removed all residual pucks from chlorinator and turned off SWG. Thing is, it's been that high for nearly two weeks now and levels don't seem to go down...I'm assuming because it's been two weeks of really cloudy weather with limited UV (I also put a leaf net over the pool during this time and wonder whether that is limiting UV materially too though I wouldn't think so).
No one is swimming but I'm afraid to damage equipment with FC that high for that long...

Is there anything else I can do to lower FC (short of dumping water and refilling of course)? And how dangerous is this to my equipment and liner??

Thx all!

Hey MC !! Up to and including Slam level is safe. (40% of your CYA). So if the CyA is still 60, that’s 24 FC. Let it ride and you’re dang near perfect to close whenever it’s convenient.

Zero. We do Slams that take weeks, sometimes 3, all the time. On purpose. Some of those go to Mustard algae level after which is another 15% or so of the CYA level and then it’s allowed to drift down. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.