Too much CC

Rescue30

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2008
New Jersey
Hi
Hope everyone safe during these crazy times. Need a little help. Opened the pool two weeks ago, looked like a swamp. Vacuumed to waste, Dolohin M5 for two days straight constantly emptying it every hour. Water got clear and no junk in the pool. Added CYA and now pool is now sparkling clean but CC are too high....

FC 8
CC 2.5
PH 7.5
Alk 100
CYA 60
I used five gallons of bleach one night last week to SLAM it

Did you pass all the criteria for a SLAM? Either way, looks like you need to SLAM again. Make sure you continue the complete procedure until all criteria are met.

Chris

Reactions: Mdragger88

I've seen a lot of posts where CC remains at a given level. Not sure why but this is the way I think of it. When you SLAM it's a continuous process so organics are continually oxidized, and partially oxidized. Eventually, everything does get completely oxidized. So it's very common that your CC stays at a given level. Then when there's no more totally "untouched" organics the chlorine works only on the partially oxidized material and your CC begins to drop. I'm sure this is a little over-simplified but it does make sense.

Once you get this all cleaned up you'll usually get to 0 cc but later on if you get an unusually high load or let FC levels slip to a low level it's not unusual to see it jump up to .5 for a few days in a row. Eventually it will go down to 0 again.
I hope this helps.

Chris

Hi again
Last evening I did the SLAM , pool math told me I needed 11 jugs of Bleach CYA is 60.
I forgot to turn off my SWG (dummy me)
This morning pool is sparkling. FC is 28 !! CC is 1, down from 2... I brushed all the walls and floor after I got the bleach in and saw a drop of cloudiness come off the wall , which I guess was algae ?? Pool looks great but at what point is swimming ok.....

Follow the SLAM Process until you pass all three criteria.

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok
Just tested again : FC dropped to 20, CC was a drop under 1 but higher than 0.5 meaning one drop off the 0871 made it almost clear . Second dropped make it perfectly clear.. I added another 2 gallons to bring up the FC level to SLAM again

That CC test means your CC is .5 ppm and you pass. All drops based tests are completed when the last drop you add results in NO FURTHER CHANGE. Sounds like your second drop did just that so your CC's are .5 ppm which is the same as zero for TFP purposes.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.