San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey y'all! so we have had about 3 weeks of rain here in TX and want to get my pool all balanced out. With the overflow from so much rain my SWG thinks my salt is too low and I guess when it thinks that it doesn't produce chlorine, or not as much??

Here are my test results, is there an order I should work in for adding chemicals. What would be my best route?
Thanks a bunch! pool math is available as well. :giggle:

FC .5
pH 8
CH 275
TA 80
CYA 40
salt 3000 (SWG says 2600)

*username checks out. :ROFLMAO:

you need FC and STAT !!! Use liquid for an instant spike and let the SWG maintain it. You’ll have to play with those settings to find your specific sweet spot to maintain it.

Hang a CYA sock in front of a return to target 70 per pool math. Target a little less and work your way up the last bit.
With the overflow from so much rain my SWG thinks my salt is too low and I guess when it thinks that it doesn't produce chlorine
Correct. It’s either on or off. IThe IC40 runs a self check every 12 hours and won’t look again until 12 hours later. Pretty sure it stays that way with the automation. I’m surprised it’s complaining. Mine worked great above 2800, but you need it happy so top off a bit of it keeps complaining. Mix real good first though and reset the power to force it to recheck the salt levels. You may have just skimmed and tested mostly rain water from the top before it mixed.

Reactions: TexasRain
My drop test was 3000, the swg is measuring 2600, its always much lower than my test
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand there we go. Lol. Yup. Your test is more accurate than the unit, but it’s dancing a fine line to keep the unit happy even if it’s wrong. Once it’s good and mixed add a little a few times until it shuts up. Around 3K is where you start to taste it. I was always able to keep mine just below for us, yet keep the cell happy. It’s not a big taste, but still.

Reactions: TexasRain
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.