Tons of footprints in new pool

May 22, 2016
HUntington, NY
Had a vinyl pool built this spring. The sides are concrete, the bottom is sand. The builders were, overall, not so reliable. We finally got the chance to use it today for the first time, and my 10 year old niece spent about an hour frolicking in it. The floor has a lot of give under it.

Turned the lights on tonight and the floor looks like a moonscape. Not just a little dent here or there, but dozens and dozens of dents and footprints. This is my first pool, but I've never seen this before.

Does this look at all normal?

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• pool bottom.jpg
    pool bottom.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 178
Welcome to TFP Mike :)

I have not heard of an inground vinyl with a sand bottom, most are done with vermiculite (a type of concrete)

What you are seeing happens all the time in an above ground pool with a sand bottom..

Are you sure they just used sand?

I'd like to first off welcome you to TFP!

Looking back at all the inground vinyl pools I cannot picture a single pool that didn't look like the moon when the lights were turned on. What you are describing is very common. It won't however harm anything besides the looks of the pool.

My installer sent a LONG time and tried SO hard to get the floor flawless. It looked awesome in the day light. Once night came and the light was on LOL not so much. Nature of the beast and does not affect anything. Those little dips will catch dirt and stuff in the just so you know.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.