Tired of relying on Pool Store

Jul 31, 2017
Lansing, Michigan
My name is Robin and I bought a house with a 20x40 in-ground pool several years ago. I've always relied on the pool store for testing my water and recommending chemicals to adjust the water chemistry. I retired this year and have more time to research issues and enjoy the pool. During my research I came across this site ... what a wonderful site it is! I've surmised that the first thing I need to do to reduce my reliance on the pool store is invest in a good test kit. I'm looking at buying a T100 test kit and wonder how many of you also use the SpeedStir? Looking forward to visiting this forum often!
:kim:

Robin,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all pool owners that have tired of their Pool $tore.... :drown:

I did not initially order the speed-stir... But I did pretty quickly after I used my TF100 a few times.

The Speed-Stir makes testing so much easier, faster and more accurate.

My guess is that you would be hard pressed to find anyone that would return their Speed-Stir for twice the money back... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

For my testing needs, I just use a plastic condiment bottle to collect the water sample. You just squeeze in the amount you want. TF-100 test kit is the way to go. The speed stir helps me a lot because I'm just no coordinated enough to swirl and drop.

Shout out to Lansing! Detroit, Big Rapids, Houghton, Hancock, and Saginaw have all been home to me at one time or another. :thumleft:

Does the Sample Sizer come with the SpeedStir? Or do I need to buy that separately?

I have the sample-sizer and love it, but be warned... it does not fit the test tubes supplied with the TF-100... you also have to buy new Taylor test tubes.

The sizer basically is just a chunk of metal that when put in the test tube one way pushes all the water out except 10 ml and when put in the other way pushes out all except 25 ml...

I like it because it makes my tests more repeatable...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'm all over that SpeedStir...great invention!

As for the water size thingamabob.....nah.. I can eye ball the lines on the tubes in my TF-100 kit just fine. If not, I'll get a syringe from work and use it.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Like you, I finally got tired of the chemical pushers and found this forum. After reading the comparison of test kits (https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/124-pool-test-kits-comparison) and the other information I could find here (lots of friendly advice offered by very knowledgeable people) I decided on the TF-100 with the SpeedStir. I made my purchase earlier this year but bundling the FT-100 with the SpeedStir resulted in $5 off and free shipping. Even without the small discount or free shipping the SpeedStir is worth the cost. You will want it, even if you don't know it yet.

I have the sample-sizer and love it, but be warned... it does not fit the test tubes supplied with the TF-100... you also have to buy new Taylor test tubes.

The sizer basically is just a chunk of metal that when put in the test tube one way pushes all the water out except 10 ml and when put in the other way pushes out all except 25 ml...

I like it because it makes my tests more repeatable...

Thanks,

Jim R.
If you are buying the Speed Stirr it does come with a Taylor tube that works with the Sample Sizer. No need to buy a tube separately.