Tiny hole in pool wall and liner! HELP!

Mar 30, 2015
NC
We came home from vacation and found a hole in the side of the pool wall. What are my options?!?

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like it goes through to the liner and is leaking a little. Can I patch the liner and use something like JB Weld on the wall?

Definitely get a patch kit and take care of the liner before things get worse. There are various kinds of liner kits that be applied even underwater. For the outside, that hole appears to be small. So unless I'm mistaken, it's more of a cosmetic issue and you can use just about any epoxy-type product to fill it in. If the hole was large to the point where the pressure of the water could try to push out through the hole, then you would need to try to get behind the liner and perhaps slip a piece of metal in there to provide support. But from the pic it doesn't seem that large to me.

How high up on the wall is the hole? I know from experience that the rust on the inside of the wall is bigger than what you see on the outside. Patching the liner is a good start. Inspect your pool wall carefully for other areas that have a bubbled appearance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.