Tiny Bugs in Pool - Need Help Identifying!

rtt122

May 6, 2022
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi everyone! First time poster here, so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong and there is a specific bug forum I should be posting to.

Attached is a pic of the corner of my new, one-month-old pool. Any idea what these bugs are? They are generally not bothersome and EXTREMELY small, but I shocked the pool and they won't leave. They just skim across the surface and there seems to be more and more of them. I should note I live in Phoenix, AZ, so not a lot of rain (and certainly not recently).

The big thing is I know small bugs attract larger, nastier bugs, so I want to get rid of them ASAP. Only plants nearby are a baby sago palm (about 5 ft away) and some aloe very (about three feet away).

I would appreciate any ideas, solutions!

Thank you all!

Best,

Ryan Tritch

Attachments

• 20220506_092313.jpg
    20220506_092313.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 47
Hello Ryan and welcome to TFP! :wave: I'm afraid I can't ID those critters, but someone else might be able to. Any chance you could show us a full set of water test results, preferably with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit, so we can see if there is anything about the chemistry that might make a difference?

Do they have wings?
Lay a quarter or dime next to them and take a clearer pic so we can get an idea of their size.
They might be termites - in AZ, now is about the time they fly/swarm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.