Timers for a 24 volt operated solenoid operated valve

Feb 10, 2010
I am looking for a dedicated timer to operate a 24 volt AC solenoid operated valve to add liquid chlorine to my swimming pool. The timer must have a minimum increment of 1 min and a maximum increment of up to 60 min. and the potential to activate the valve up to 4 times per day on all days during the week or on alternating days during the week. Is there anyone out there that knows of such a timer, I would appreciate your advice.

Check the timers for sprinkler systems (Rain-Bird, Orbit, etc.). They use 24v solenoid valves to control water flow, and all but the cheapest models can do what you need. Should be well less than $100.

I've never heard of using one to dispense liquid chlorine though. Can you post what you're planning on doing? I assume you're planning on using a sprinkler valve? Not sure how those would hold up to liquid chlorine...probably not all that well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.