Timer Recommendation

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
Can anyone recommend a good timer to use with the Pentair Whisperflo WFDS-4? Analog or digital is fine.

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
Well, I hadn't thought about it, thanks for pointing that out. If the price differential isn't too great ideally would like the timer to be able to control the pump speed as well as the off/on cycles. If it isn't too much to ask, do you have a suggestion for each type?

Thanks for your help.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Well it's hard to beat the Intermatic T104 for single speed operation.
For 2-speed operation I'd suggest the T10404R. It contains two timers and you can set then to operate high and low speeds.
Note that the T10604R, or higher end PE153, is more appropriate for dual speed pumps. JasonLion

They also make equivilent electronic timers if you'd rather have those. Just look for something with dual timer functions.

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
Thanks a ton for the recommendations. Is this something it is best to have the electrician wire up when he does the rest of the work during construction? Or can I just wire it myself afterwords?

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Either way will work, but since they're going to have to run the wires and leave them out there anyway I'd let them do it while they're there.

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
Thanks a lot Bama. I ordered a T10404R. Pretty cheap for what it does.

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
Quick update on this thread. I received the T10404R I ordered. This thing is larger than I expected and is built like a flippin' *tank*.

Thanks for the great recommendation Bama! This timer will last a lifetime and only cost me about $125.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
P Everything Else 5
GOONiE Everything Else 3
R Salt Water Chlorine Generators (SWG) 5

Other Threads of Interest