Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Should/can I address any of my issues re: balancing before our pool party early tomorrow (about 18 hrs from now - most spent sleaaping!)? We spent the better part of the last 1-2wks battling a mustard algae problem I think was hanging around/reigniting since opening, but for 2 nights in a row we have passed the ONCL test, and the water looks beautiful. Big flags for me are CH & CYA (would like to top up salt as well). Should I just wait till everyone leaves tomorrow afternoon to address or can I sneak it in now without chancing any issues? I definitely don't want to risk anything for my son's birthday party!

FC: 8
CC: 0
pH: 7.2
TA: 70
CH: 275
CYA: 50
Salt: 3000

I would wait on them both. CH addition can cloud up the pool. And CYA will reduce the pH which you do not need.

Add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine an hour before the party. Call potty break after an hour or so of pool use and test FC. Add LC if necessary.

Reactions: Luric
I would wait on them both. CH addition can cloud up the pool. And CYA will reduce the pH which you do not need.

Add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine an hour before the party. Call potty break after an hour or so of pool use and test FC. Add LC if necessary.
It's a 5th birthday with lots of younger siblings also, so I've got the extra LC left from our algae issue on standby!

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.