Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I'm having my tile media blasted next week to remove waterline scale. Now that I have this chemistry stuff figured out, I think I can avoid tile scaling issues. I also want to do a better job of maintaining the luster of my freshly renewed tile.

I'm thinking about picking up a tile scrubber pole attachment. Anyone have an opinion on whether to go with coarse or fine texture?

Should I use any type of cleaner to apply for weekly maintenance, or just stick with the wet scrubber?

full

Not sure on the scrubber, I never get a build up on my water line that it would attack.

The scale build up on the waterline, however, will still occur. Unless you are using low CH water as fill water. Once your CH gets above 500 ppm or so, no matter what your CSI, you will get scale at the wet/dry interface. Now, it will not be very much nor will it be that dense. So maybe your scrubber will work, let us know. I know that when I drain the pool at 800+ ppm CH and refill, I can run the CSI a bit more negative for a while and the scale buildup pretty much disappears.

I'm not one to normally use "products" other than the necessities, but I have to tell you I'm very pleased with the results of Natural Chemistry's Scale Free. After treatment, my pool has gone since last mid-Summer to present, and my tiles are clean. Having said that, I did clean the tiles first before treating, though some people think it will clean the tiles...it won't; but it will keep them clean. Also, a first for me, when I pulled the SWCG (IC40) for cleaning at close, it was spotless! Never had that happen before. Normally I could look forward to cleaning my tiles twice a year---not fun.

You do an initial dose based on gallons, then you do once a month small doses; in my case for 13k pool I do 6 1/4oz per month. The stuff works.

Forcwhst it’s worth I always keep my ch below 400. I also always run a negative csi. When we pulled my messed up salt cell last year after 1 year it was spotless without using any other chemicals. Running the csi negative will keep you scale free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.