TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
HELP...Hi everyone. I need opinions. Stated tile on Tuesday. Came home to some issues. Loose tiles (ok, not a big deal easy fix). Then my waterfall columns waterline. They stopped tile at edge of column which would have given it a giant grout line that he was going to bullnose around. It was going to look awful. Talked to PM told him we wanted grout line on sides of column, the corners needed to be the clean side of tile (not cut) and face without a bullnose grout line. Then the columns were 1/2 inch off from each other. OK. PM stepped in told contractor who copped a major attitude with us.

Day 2- on one column he got the gist and fixed the face but now we had crappy uneven tile cuts. PM - Not bad and won't see when grounted..uh..yes we will. They then repeated Day 1 on only one side of the column (WTH). When they put my veneer on the column they did the same thing inconsistently. They tiled great then decided to have a side tile showing in the front. So hard to explain. Please see pics. PM agreed they ripped it out. Can you look at pics and let me know if I am being unreasonable or can you show me pics of your columns? PM said they will fix everything. I don't have his confidence. Bad cuts cuts to me are crazy. We have had tons of tile work. Never this sloppy. This is day 3, still same issues. Not to mention a cracked veneer right down the middle was installed. I don't have a pic. But it too needs to be changed out. TIA.

Attachments

• First day corner, giant grout line coming.jpg
    First day corner, giant grout line coming.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 62
  • bad tile cuts.jpg
    bad tile cuts.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 62
  • bad tile cuts an corners don't line up.jpg
    bad tile cuts an corners don't line up.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Veneer.jpg
    Veneer.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 65
  • 2nd day mistake on one side.jpg
    2nd day mistake on one side.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Day 2, almost got it right..jpg
    Day 2, almost got it right..jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 59
Is this the tile installers first time?!?!?!? I don't think you are being too picky. That is a terrible job. Absolutely no attention to detail.

I don't have much advice to offer other than don't accept it until it is right. You are the one who has to see it every day. Escalate above your PM if you have to. I would also make sure you have all of your communication in writing, even if its just a follow up text to the PM saying "per our conversation, this is what was agreed..." Just in case you need to CYA. I hate to be that way but handshake deals and people's word don't carry much weight any longer. People have forgotten what it means to have good character.

--Jeff

Is this the tile installers first time?!?!?!? I don't think you are being too picky. That is a terrible job. Absolutely no attention to detail.

I don't have much advice to offer other than don't accept it until it is right. You are the one who has to see it every day. Escalate above your PM if you have to. I would also make sure you have all of your communication in writing, even if its just a follow up text to the PM saying "per our conversation, this is what was agreed..." Just in case you need to CYA. I hate to be that way but handshake deals and people's word don't carry much weight any longer. People have forgotten what it means to have good character.

--Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Yes, everything is in writing per text. So very frustrated. This is "high" end builder. Now I'm told they are too cheap to pay their contractors so the good ones left. Thanks again, nice to hear I am not being unreasonable. Standing my ground.

Reactions: TampaKathy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.