SF714

Jul 28, 2020
Massachusetts
Hello!

I am restoring my old gunite pool. I am in the final stages on selecting tile. I am using NPT cobblestone and hope to pick a grout that is similar in color for a uniform look. I am leaning towards StoneScapes regular pebble French Gray. I like uniform and clean looks and lines.

I like a stone look. I also like high gloss. For tile, I cant decide between NPT 1x1 glossy white tiles, 2x2 Argento or 6x6 Argento. I loved the 6x12 tile but I have a curvy pool so was advised against it. I tossed the idea around of gray tile too with StoneScapes French gray.

Does anyone have any pictures of these tiles, similar colors or sizes? Any general feedback about tile size? Is 2x2 considered higher end than a 6x6 (same price). I would love colors or videos if anyone has any! Happy to share mine once completed.

Hi there :handwave:
If you'll put those NPT tile names into the little "search bar" up top, and select the "Goog" option it will bring up any posts with the same names of tile, ect. Hopefully some pictures too!

Good luck and WELCOME TO TFP

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: SF714
Do you want the tile and plaster to blend together or stand out a little? If you want it all to be the same color then get the grey. But if you want a little contrast, aka interest, the do the white. Tile is is very personal. I'm not a fan of the 2x2 tiles. I think they look dated. I like 1x1s better but many don't like all the grout. You really need to search pictures in Google for the look you want.

Do you want the tile and plaster to blend together or stand out a little? If you want it all to be the same color then get the grey. But if you want a little contrast, aka interest, the do the white. Tile is is very personal. I'm not a fan of the 2x2 tiles. I think they look dated. I like 1x1s better but many don't like all the grout. You really need to search pictures in Google for the look you want.

Hi Nikilyn,
Thank you for responding! I want the tile to blend.

How do you feel about 1x1 white gloss tile? Swanky or cheap looking? Was 2x2 an old trend? Alternatively, the pool tile I choose is light tan with little gray and a slight shimmer. I love the stone look but fear it would look blah and like dirty tiles.

Does the grout discolor? If so, bigger tiles make sense but I like the small ones too.

I will take any feedback. As fun as it is to shop, it is such a stressful choice to make!

Thanks Again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.