Los Angeles, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We are about to break ground on a 14x28 SWG freeform pool with raised spa (18 inch high) and Baja shelf. PB is ordering tile now to make sure we have everything on time as the build needs it. We waited six months for permits, so I appreciate this. He has already ordered equipment and should have to this week. We have narrowed it down to a few choices and I would love input. We live in a 1960’s ranch house, nothing fancy. We have a drought tolerant native garden around the edges of the yard. Coping is pour in place grey concrete and so is patio. Spa will have tile on exterior. All of these are from NPT. I love the Opal Pearl but am worried it will be blinding in the sun. Next runner up is the 1x1 Ocean Mix. I want to use the stone look Yosemite tile on the outside of the pool but my husband thinks we should use the same tile as waterline. Any opinions? 5FF10597-2656-45F5-82D1-121EC0D3D3D3.jpeg4B604849-644E-448B-B972-270153A25160.jpegD5D51D2B-D925-4DE7-AE20-7C8292BCA479.jpeg

I like the opal. I don’t think it will be blinding in the sun at all. We have reflective step tile and they’ve never done that. My eyes are extremely light sensitive too. I think white tiles with a blue water like mine is really pretty. I like mixing tiles. Our spa is a different tile than the waterline. I think you could use the bigger one with the opal but I don’t really like it with the blue.

Reactions: ShoZie
I like # 2 but use both. That would pop very well and give you some pearl mixed in. Use more #2 and a little bit of #1. Pearl would be a bad choice for trim tile alone if your plaster is light colored. But if you have a good dark color trime tile line with some pearl sparkles, I can see that popping and sparkling at the sametime.

Reactions: ShoZie
Thanks everyone for your help. I think we are going with #2 for waterline, especially since we have white plaster. We are still undecided about the exterior of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.