Tightened float valve

Chasscos

Sep 19, 2017
Cave Creek, AZ
Hi, folks,
A little help needed. Came across a super high water bill and found out the pool auto fill float value was not working properly. It leaks water all the time, but when I was trying to take it off, due to the small working space and the small contact surface...it did not even move a bit. I have to turn off the faucet for now. How could I take this thing off? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks,

Attachments

Chasscos

Sep 19, 2017
Cave Creek, AZ
Auto fill float valve where it connects to the side of the bucket.
Chas, auto fill valves are pretty cheap, just cut that one with a hack saw, then you can get a socket on it. It should turn then. Tip: use a six point socket.
Hi, thank you for reply.

It got screwed into the hole, how could I cut it out and apply a socket? Sorry, can you please elaborate it?

Pool Clown

In The Industry
Sep 5, 2008
Silicon Valley, CA
If that isnt a hex head right where the float valve screws into the bucket then you should be able to grab that section with some channel lock pliers from the top and unscrew it.

jimmythegreek

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
the nut part of the float is already chewed up from a wrench. you might have to file it down to square it up to get a socket on it after you cut it. I would suggest a professional handle this if you havent done this type of work. I see some goop on the spot where it secures to the canister