mikewatson

Mar 27, 2021
Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 30,000 gal gunite pool with 2 threadless 1/2” return lines. My TA number is 120 and the suggestion is to reduce pH with acid and then aerate. How do I aerate if my return lines aren’t threaded? There are holes drilled in the plaster where the return lines are at about a 45 degree angle. I’ve put my finger in there to try and feel pvc, but i can’t get far enough back to feel it with my finger. Any suggestions on how to get a fountain hooked up to this beast?

Ok, The wild wild west :) Hmm, not sure how to get that going... Some have done air from a tank/air compressor... you could actually do a solar pump fountain setup...

This one would do it, I have to warn you, I do DIY.... :)

1622855266448.png

Reactions: mikewatson
Acid lowers TA. The aeration is used to raise the pH so you can add more acid.

Lower your pH to 7.2, allow the pH to climb on its own, lower to 7.2 again.
With a TA of 120, your pH will rise on its own. Each time you add acid, it will lower the pH and reduce the TA a little. Eventually, the TA will get down to where you want it. There is really no need to force the TA down to some magic number.

What is the TA of your fill water? If it's really high (200+), it may take aeration to reduce it. But that will be an ongoing issue as you continue to add fill water due to evaporation.

Reactions: mikewatson
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.