New England
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi! I am in the middle of my pool install. They are about to do the backfill this week and then break until the spring. The pool company I am using uses Techo-bloc for coping and pavers. The lowest price coping was proposed but I am having second thoughts. I attached an image of the coping. I am at the stage where I am spending way more money than I had planned. I upgraded to pebble sheen, am doing SWG, propane heater, etc... all of which I hadn't originally planned for... but now is the time! right? So, if I can have peace with the budgeted option, that would be ideal. Just wondering if anyone has coping with a similar rough edge. If so, how do you like it? I have young children and know they will likely pull themselves out of the pool belly first.

Attachments

• coping.png
    coping.png
    41 KB · Views: 51
Show us what the higher priced alternatives are.

I don’t think it looks any more rough than a cantilever edge with kool deck on it. Actually, it looks smoother to me.

Here are the two smooth, rounder options. If I went with the Bali Travertina Raw, it would be in the darker grey as the coping pictured in my original message. I much prefer the lighter greyed silver. If the cost were the same, bullnose grande would be my pick, hands down. I'm waiting to hear back about what the upcharges would be. It is so easy to keep telling myself that I won't regret spending the extra $$$ years down the line, but I'm already in pretty deep (pool pun intended). I can sort of convince myself that the expense might be worth it if I think of the roughness angle, although maybe, like Nikilyn says, it's not bad. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• bali travertina raw.png
    bali travertina raw.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Bullnose grande greyed silver.png
    Bullnose grande greyed silver.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Nikilyn
Here are the two smooth, rounder options. If I went with the Bali Travertina Raw, it would be in the darker grey as the coping pictured in my original message. I much prefer the lighter greyed silver. If the cost were the same, bullnose grande would be my pick, hands down. I'm waiting to hear back about what the upcharges would be. It is so easy to keep telling myself that I won't regret spending the extra $$$ years down the line, but I'm already in pretty deep (pool pun intended). I can sort of convince myself that the expense might be worth it if I think of the roughness angle, although maybe, like Nikilyn says, it's not bad. Thanks for your help!
Travertine is nice but it would've cost me more than the pool. 😁

Last edited:
Why not go with a different brand of paver. Honestly the current quality of techo isnt what it used to be when it was Canadian made years ago. It's a name brand price point amd the quality is no better than the rest. Nicolok, belgard, etc are all qood quality and a lower material price point. Use contrasting colors on coping/pavers amd you can add a band of an off color 3x6 paver instead of mixing the coping/paver color for a rich look.

Reactions: B.lu and Vukota12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.