This PVC is taunting me...

G.K.W.H.inthatorder

Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2018
Iowa
Super quick question: That silly PVC strip surrounding the entire pool; vertical metal frame T-posts are constricted by it...can I please remove it? What exactly is the purpose of a strap around the legs? I would like to put the metal frame poles outside of its grasp...
Am I ok to bypass that thing? Thank you in advance for any and all input.

p.s. The TFP website looks amazing this year btw.

Last edited:
With all that weight tho? Those poles are under huge pressure downwards as well. I cant see them sliding out away from the pool once it gets filled...??? idk tho. I'm fed up with trying to level those poles. Every time I move one into position, that strap moves the pole behind me...the one I just seated.

That piece of plastic is far from insignificant... like Wobblerlori said, that keeps the legs from sliding out too far... even with all that pressure of a filled pool.
When you're talking about the legs moving when you seat them into position, is this happening before you fill your pool? During filling? After filling?

Hi . Thanks for responding...
So, I've put up 6 of these above grounders over a lifetime of kids and family and such - none have given me so much grief.
Currently, its brand new, set up the day before yesterday by myself (first mistake, I know) and we live in the country so we rely on the Fire Department to come fill it. Not that I'm complaining but it takes a couple weeks for them to show up and its sudden. They'll just arrive and I never know when - so I gotta be ready. I put about 3" of water in it to weigh it down. While waiting I am shoring up the base, leveling poles and placing my pavers - a couple of them were high and so I put the pavers in. No big deal, I have tricks BUT when I get it in, set the pole and move to the next one that strap sort of connects all of them - move one pole and 2 others move off of the pavers I just spent 25 minutes burying, leveling and setting...(25 minutes times 18 poles - "frustrated" doesn't begin to cover my mind set)
I wanted to cut that strap because it never seemed to do much in the past and its flimsy and thin. I cant see how it even helps. I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. I cant even drain the 3" of water because its not high enough to reach the drain plug. I'm stuck.

Last edited:
I'm new at this pool thing, so I could have just gotten lucky this year. I did notice that the legs on our moved like this until we started really filling the pool... then I had to go around the pool a few times to adjust the poles as we filled the pool.
With regard to draining the 3"of water, I'd use a sump pump. When we filled our pool up the first time, we discovered it was too unlevel. We used sump pumps to drain the thing to fix the leveling issue.
I can almost feel your frustration through the post, sorry I'm not more helpful.

No, just venting was helpful. Also, you reminded me of the "as you're filling it, go around and adjust the poles as the water level rises" trick. My mind was clouded hahaha. Its funny now, it wasn't yesterday. 91 degrees, no one wants to help but everyone likes to swim, I'm out there trying to get those poles to stay and couldn't..blah blah. So, you were extremely helpful to me today. Anything you need, don't hesitate to post and I'll attempt to return the favor. :)
I can relax today and wait for them to show and "adjust" those poles as they fill it...whenever they do get here. I don't like complaining about a volunteer fire department who's regular job is saving lives, coming to fill my Dang pool, but 2 years ago, while waiting for them to show, a storm came and completely destroyed the already set up empty pool. This year i put water in the bottom to prevent that so we'll see.
Again, thank you. I'll see you around.

Reactions: DeRooZoo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.