This is what I have so far... Am I ready for any shortages??

Nov 14, 2020
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We are in line to have a 16x36 SWG 8ft pool installed. I've been on this site so many times and there are so many different answers on the supplies that will be short this summer. I'm not worried about overbuying what I already have as I can sell on FBM or CL if I don't use it. I've searched so many posts that I am just going to ask instead of trying to find my answers. Am I missing something?

• 20 bags of 40lb pool salt
  • Chlorinating tablets 3 in wrapped 5lb bucket
  • 2 - 16 oz Pool Shock bags
  • 2 - Clorox Pool & Spa pH Up
  • 2 - Clorox Pool & Spa pH Down
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Calcium Hardness Increaser
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Pool Total Alkalinity Increaser
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Pool Algaecide
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Green Algae Eliminator 2
  • Pool & Spa test strips
  • 4 Gallons of Liquid Bleach
  • E Season Gear SALT 3050 Waterproof Meter/temperature tester
  • Polaris Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
  • Polaris replacement Ultra fine sand and silt filter canister

North Carolina weather and a very rainy winter has dragged this project out. We are on our 2nd PB which means we had to go to the back of the line. This is what our backyard has looked like since December 2020.

Attachments

• Backyard Pit #2.png.jpg
    Backyard Pit #2.png.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4015.jpg
    IMG_4015.jpg
    811.6 KB · Views: 20
WOW. Just WOW. :oops: I can't imagine how much all that cost you!!

The problem is is we don't recommend using almost any of that stuff. Let me see.....
  • 20 bags of 40lb pool salt ✅ = You'll use this but its often included in what the PB supplies. Don't buy Clorox brand
  • Chlorinating tablets 3 in wrapped 5lb bucket. = ❌ . Nope- see if you can return these.
  • 2 - 16 oz Pool Shock bags. =.❌ Nope- see if you can return these
  • 2 - Clorox Pool & Spa pH Up =❌ Nope- cheaper chemicals are what we use or NO chemical at all and we aerate to cause pH rise.
  • 2 - Clorox Pool & Spa pH Down = ❌Nope - This is "dry Acid" which is really bad for plaster and Salt Water devices. Return this.
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Calcium Hardness Increaser. = ❓ only if you get a heater. Vinyl pools don't need any calcium.
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Pool Total Alkalinity Increaser = ❌Nope this is seriously overpriced Baking Soda. Buy a big bag at Walmart.
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Pool Algaecide =❌❌❌ Seriously bad- contains copper which stains pool and turns hair green
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Green Algae Eliminator 2 ❌❌❌ Same as above
  • Pool & Spa test strips =❌❌ No way, no how. We call them "Guess Strips". More on test kits later.
  • 4 Gallons of Liquid Bleach. = ✅
  • E Season Gear SALT 3050 Waterproof Meter/temperature tester = ❓
  • Polaris Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner = ✅
  • Polaris replacement Ultra fine sand and silt filter canister ✅

The only things we have been worried about in shortages have been the pool's equipment due to the big Texas freeze breaking theirs and they're buying up all the stock, and some chlorine. But since you're going to go with a SWG you'll be fine! 💯

I hope you'll keep us posted as the pool build comes together.... lots of pics, ok??

Maddie 🐞

WOW. Just WOW. :oops: I can't imagine how much all that cost you!!

The problem is is we don't recommend using almost any of that stuff. Let me see.....
  • 20 bags of 40lb pool salt ✅ = You'll use this but its often included in what the PB supplies. Don't buy Clorox brand
  • Chlorinating tablets 3 in wrapped 5lb bucket. = ❌ . Nope- see if you can return these.
  • 2 - 16 oz Pool Shock bags. =.❌ Nope- see if you can return these
  • 2 - Clorox Pool & Spa pH Up =❌ Nope- cheaper chemicals are what we use or NO chemical at all and we aerate to cause pH rise.
  • 2 - Clorox Pool & Spa pH Down = ❌Nope - This is "dry Acid" which is really bad for plaster and Salt Water devices. Return this.
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Calcium Hardness Increaser. = ❓ only if you get a heater. Vinyl pools don't need any calcium.
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Pool Total Alkalinity Increaser = ❌Nope this is seriously overpriced Baking Soda. Buy a big bag at Walmart.
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Pool Algaecide =❌❌❌ Seriously bad- contains copper which stains pool and turns hair green
  • Clorox Pool & Spa Green Algae Eliminator 2 ❌❌❌ Same as above
  • Pool & Spa test strips =❌❌ No way, no how. We call them "Guess Strips". More on test kits later.
  • 4 Gallons of Liquid Bleach. = ✅
  • E Season Gear SALT 3050 Waterproof Meter/temperature tester = ❓
  • Polaris Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner = ✅
  • Polaris replacement Ultra fine sand and silt filter canister ✅

The only things we have been worried about in shortages have been the pool's equipment due to the big Texas freeze breaking theirs and they're buying up all the stock, and some chlorine. But since you're going to go with a SWG you'll be fine! 💯

I hope you'll keep us posted as the pool build comes together.... lots of pics, ok??

Maddie 🐞
One clarification to your check list. Make sure the bleach isn’t Clorox brand and also isn’t scented or splashless or anything else fancy.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.