This doesn't look good.

rmiller23

Mar 23, 2020
Texas
Pressure valve doesn't reach over 15 but drops to 0 and then climbs back to 15--rinse and repeat. Basket also not staying primed when I turn on filter. When backwashing the flow goes from normal to low and etc.

**SOLVED** Skimmer Flap/Wall was stuck preventing water and creating a suction of air.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
If there is no vortexing going on in the skimmer the level is probably ok, but some skimmers are not equal. Mine was installed a bit high so half at the mouth isn't enough. About half an inch higher is my minimum fill level. To prevent vortexing and sucking air in.

That water sloshing around in your pump strainer basket tells you you have a fairly significant suction side leak. Regardless of what's suggested go look at your skimmer with the pump running and make sure you are not sucking air.

Assuming you are not, then read the article in pool school on suction side leaks. They are often hard to find but, then, pretty easy to fix.

Reactions: lager1829

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.