This doesn't belong, or does it?

Aug 12, 2019
North East
I took apart the lines between my pump and the pool and the filter and the pump.

I found this guy behind the eyeball return. The number shows it's for the sand filter, which I have one under the cap of my sand filter. it doesn't belong there, right? This shouldn't be behind the eyeball? There should only be the eyeball, the screw that keeps it in place, and the adapter that bolts to the pool wall. Right?

please help.

Attachments

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
That looks just like the "gasket screen" under the drain cap on my Hayward sand filter - right down to the sand stuck in it. It doesn't belong where you found it.

Aug 12, 2019
North East
That looks just like the "gasket screen" under the drain cap on my Hayward sand filter - right down to the sand stuck in it. It doesn't belong where you found it.
That's exactly what I was thinking!

The return jets for a sand filter don't have a screen, right? In your return line to the pool, you just have the eyeball, the nut that holds the eyeball, and the adapter that secures to the side of the pool, you don't have any filter or pressure reducer there, do you?

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
There is no filter or pressure reducer associated with the returns. That item you found should not have been there.

Is that the only return you have? If you have others, have you looked behind them?