This cant be happening after 2 years leaking. Need advice

Jun 6, 2014
NYC
Good morning all.

Yesterday I was pulling weeds out from around the pool and I noticed on the bottom of the pool a rust spot on the out side of the pool wall. I touched it and I felt water on my hand then I dried it up and saw a slow but steady stream of water comming out of the pool. This pool is on 2 season's old. Could there be a cut or hole in line. I ordered from the pool factory and got a 25 mil.liner for the extra thickness so this wouldn't happen. So what are my choices I know I have to find the hole and patch it but what the what do I do about the hole on the pool frame? I'm starting my warranty talks with pool factory now so let's see where this goes. Between the pool and the install I'm in for like 4000 I cant pay for another pool or install this is crazy. Any information would be appreciated attached are some pics

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• 20200913_141510.jpg
    20200913_141510.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200913_141521.jpg
    20200913_141521.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 44
A better liner thickness will help but will not stop holes, something got through.. Your going to have to find the leak and install a patch.. they have pool water dyes for that. I do find it interesting that it went through the steel wall already, unless the weight of the pool liner/water kept the leak from moving and just that 1 spot had water on it for most of those 2 years and it rusted through only in that spot... that would be crazzy but just about the only way it could have done it...

The big thing now is to find the leak and patch it so no more damage is done...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.