Thinking of switching to DE from sand filter...can I keep pump?

Jul 1, 2018
Roscoe, IL
I am thinking of upgrading to a DE filter, probably Hayward. Haven't done the research on specifics yet for 13,000 gallon AGP. Anyways, as you can see the current filter and pump sit on the black pedestal stand. Am I able to use my existing pump with a different kind of filter? Do they make interchangeable stands? Any tips or thoughts?
stand.jpg

That black pedestal stand may be unique to that specific sand filter to match its lower shape, so I wouldn't count on being able to use it to support another filter. But if you do chose to change-out filters, that Hayward pump should be just fine with the swap.

That black pedestal stand may be unique to that specific sand filter to match its lower shape, so I wouldn't count on being able to use it to support another filter. But if you do chose to change-out filters, that Hayward pump should be just fine with the swap.
The pump to filter fitting is at the bottom of the DE filters, and my pump the out bound is on top of the pump. Spacing seems to be an issue if the pump and filter are on the same stand. Hopefully that makes sense and that’s my concern.

looks like you have a hayward matrix pump.

best option would be
rotate the matrix pump outlet to horizontal
and purchase
new filter ec50ac
new base ec1161pak
new union sp1480blk and
eliminating a hose

doug

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.