Thinking of getting a robot vacuum

rlefig

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Reading, MA
Good morning, hope y'all are healthy. Now that we are inching towards spring I am thinking of getting a robotic pool vacuum. I have a 16x32 at its widest kidney shape gunite pool with a 9 foot deep end and no deep end bottom of pool drain as that is plugged due to leaking pipe. It looks like many dolphins are considered top choices. I want a vacuum that will not need filter to run. These just look way easier than vacuuming by hand, which at 53 I don't do frequently enough.

Thanks

rob

Rob,

Call...

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077

You have to call, they do not do Internet sales on the Dolphins.

Ask her what will work best for you.. I recommend the S200 style robot. About $700 bucks, 2 year warranty, free 2 day shipping. It is the basic unit and works well for me.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. That is what I was looking at. I imagine its fairly easy to use. In all my years of being around a pool as a kid at my parents house and now the last 10 I have never had one. Looking forward to it

Just ordered my first robot, an S200, from Margaret at Marina yesterday. Should be here in a few days. Looking forward to no brushing, a cleaner pool, and an even cleaner DE filter! Thanks to everyone for your answers to my noob questions in several threads recently. :)

ETA: I asked Margaret about the filter mod and she didn't recommend it, unless I had a large tree that continually shed its leaves. She recommended using the fine (pleated) filter all of the time, except when the pool had lots of leaves.

Last edited:
Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rob,

Call...

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077

You have to call, they do not do Internet sales on the Dolphins.

Ask her what will work best for you.. I recommend the S200 style robot. About $700 bucks, 2 year warranty, free 2 day shipping. It is the basic unit and works well for me.

Thanks,

Jim R.

It appears I can buy the Warrior SE online, is there an advantage or something I am missing that would add value by calling in.

Just wanted to follow up on this, Marina does appear to sell dolphins online. Is there a pro to buying it from Marina vs Amazon?

On amazon I can also purchase extra warranty coverage. Seems their prices are identical to Amazon.

Just wanted to follow up on this, Marina does appear to sell dolphins online. Is there a pro to buying it from Marina vs Amazon?

On amazon I can also purchase extra warranty coverage. Seems their prices are identical to Amazon.
Make sure it's the same model..They sold one that didn't really climb walls and had a 33' cord for the same price when I bought mine.
Marina upgraded mine to the better filters for no charge, not sure what the upgrade cost..At first I didn't care but it has trapped a lot of pollen that would have normally clogged up my cartridge filter

Reactions: Dman77720
Thanks for the tip. Side question, so do I run it with both sets of filters in place? Mine came preinstalled with a fine filter within the normal filter basket. I just started running it like that 5 minutes ago, it’s maiden cleaning.

I leave both in, the inside screen catch's a lot of stuff also.To clean just spray a water hose from the outside in..
I asked on another thread if anybody does deeper cleaning and most said just rinse and put it back in.
It is easier to clean the fine filters without the screen inside.

Reactions: albertg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.