They are after us pool owners :)

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
First they buy all all the liquid bleach.. Now I can't find Arm & Hammer Super washing soda or Borax..
Maybe pool chemical suppliers are buying up all the cheap chemicals so we will have to buy " pool chemicals"
Even Amazon doesn't show them avail.

• Haha
Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Opposite land here. I could find pool chlorine but not borax or washing soda. It's now flipped around here.. so I'm happy about the SWCG....Stabilizer has been hard to find and expensive once I fine it.. I had enough to get everything up to SWCG values, but I am basically out now. Looking for a better deal on it than I have seen.

Yeah we couldn't find washing soda locally either. Pool chlorine no problem. Didn't need stabilizer this year, but it's always in short supply at the beginning of the season ?, makes me sad, because we see green pools in about 2weeks ??

Stabilizer is not impossible to find but only the most expensive option is on the shelf lately. I usually go for deals on it at Walmart and to he honest it's one of the few Chlorox labeled chemicals that seem to be perfectly okay. As long as you buy the plain Jane CYA.

In my case I can always run up to Ekonomy too, they are reasonable on everything for a pool store too. I have a bunch of empty crates and bottles of Hasa liquid chlorine to return anyway. I should get more stabilizer to have on hand.

Maybe this weekend if there are no riots. Everything is closing early because our clown governor put the entire sixth largest state in the union on curfew for a week at 8 PM. I personally am starting to get tired of being treated like a kindergartener but I am digressing too far...

Reactions: markayash and Oly
My local Kroger has regular 7.14% bleach galore!!!! I bought 4 this morning while grocery shopping (the limit...grrr) to add to my stock. It is always heavily stocked whenever I’m there since the initial panic seems to be over in my town. As far as stabilizer goes, there’s several websites that sell it. Many have free shipping, too! PM me if you’d like more info. :)
EDIT: Never mind! I see someone already mentioned In The Swim. That’s one of the sites I was going to suggest. Inyopools.com is another good one!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My local Kroger has regular 7.14% bleach galore!!!! I bought 4 this morning while grocery shopping (the limit...grrr) to add to my stock. It is always heavily stocked whenever I’m there since the initial panic seems to be over in my town. As far as stabilizer goes, there’s several websites that sell it. Many have free shipping, too! PM me if you’d like more info. :)
EDIT: Never mind! I see someone already mentioned In The Swim. That’s one of the sites I was going to suggest. Inyopools.com is another good one!
Our Kroger has a full shelf but said limit 1..Walmart actually had less but no limit.
I buy most other pool chemicals from amazon or walmart

Reactions: thefloatqueen
I am not happy with Walmart. Looked up said store 20
Minutes away had liquid chlorine and closed at 8:30. Great headed over and store had closed at 5!!! Ok it’s near the square and maybe rioters are a concern.
Looked at my local Walmart, would settle for powered shock. Called store recording said check website for hours, I did said 8:30 so off I go. Nope closed at 5 also.
I don’t know if the domestic riot group is threatening Walmart or not but at least update site please.

If you are in need of chlorine AND stabilizer, you could just buy some trichlor tabs and put them in a floater. Couldn't you?
Yes or use the Dichlor Shock..I did a vit C treatment and started getting a little algae and need something tonight..Ended up at HomeDepot buying "blue" Dichlor on accident which is BAD but after 2 trips to walmart and 1 to home depot I just the little I bought :(

Reactions: thefloatqueen
If you are in need of chlorine AND stabilizer, you could just buy some trichlor tabs and put them in a floater. Couldn't you?
I’d recommend dichlor instead. The granules dissolve quickly, has more CYA in it, and will bring the FC up wayyyy faster than the trichlor tablets which slowly release chlorine. If I needed chlorine fast and there was no LC available AND had low cya, dichlor is the way to go, IMO.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.