Thermo Flow Heat pump not coming on from remote

Melnic

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2017
Maryland
OK,
HP 900 Thermal Flow Pentair.
I have an Intelli Touch controller and it has a relay dry contact output that is wired to the heat pump to turn it on.
Worked past 3 seasons just fine.
recently my Run cap went bad and when I got it working, I was having to manually operate the heat pump at the heat pump control pad.
Using the Intelli Touch to set up the temperature and operate it is not working.
The Remote mode is turned on in the Thermal Flow control panel.
RELAY REMOTE
REMOTE IS ON
I can see the resistance across the relay drop down to 0 when the Intelli Touch turns on the heater, but the Control panel does not recognize it.
I can measure it at the INtellitouch as well as right at the spade lugs of the Thermal Flow board.

Looking like the control panel board is faulty
Don't know if there is something I"m missing here.

This looks like your manual - https://images.inyopools.com/cloud/documents/pentair-heat-pump-thermalflo.pdf

When you have the HP in REMOTE do you have the local HP temperature set to maximum?

REMOTE LED: On when the controller is being controlled by the three remote terminals on the backof the control board, (SPA, COM and POOL). When using REMOTE mode, the local setpoints should be outside the temperature band that the remote device will be controlling at. (Set the pool and spa temperature setpoints to the maximum settings — 104° F. for heat, 60° F. for cool).

Show pics of the connections at the IntelliTouch and at the HP board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.