There's a dead animal in my pool

max2k

Dec 29, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
doesn't look particularly menacing: just take it out and enjoy the pool. Whatever that poor thing brought in is long killed by chlorine provided you have correct level of FC in the water.

Be grateful it didn't chose deep end to end its days :).

riggs0000

Apr 6, 2016
Floyds Knobs, In
Looks like a mole, we had one earlier this year in our pool. It also ended up in our skimmer, I would put a grocery bag over your hand (like a glove) and pull it out. But as my daughters say "dad's gross!"

Mike

max2k

Dec 29, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Ok I got it out
oh god
how will I ever swim in the pool again? No amount of chlorine will fix this
It was a gigantic rat
RAT
whatever it brought in is already converted to safe compounds and does not exist in its original form. It's all psychological, no science to back up.

jesses408

Jul 26, 2016
Little Elm, TX
And the best part is that I don't know how long it's been in there because I clean the skimmer basket every Wednesday. I could have been swimming in rat water for the past week! RAT WATER!

riggs0000

Apr 6, 2016
Floyds Knobs, In
Ok, that's worse than a mole. If it were in my pool I would just hope I was the one to find it (then I would dispose of it and never tell the girls for fear they wouldn't swim in the pool ever again).

johnsjets

Jun 8, 2009
Rockland County, NY
And the best part is that I don't know how long it's been in there because I clean the skimmer basket every Wednesday. I could have been swimming in rat water for the past week! RAT WATER!
You might want to check it a few times a week from now on.
Personally, I clean mine out daily, especially since we have a surrounding garden and lots of trees, and use a skimmer sock.

jesses408

Jul 26, 2016
Little Elm, TX