There's a big hole in my backyard!! that has water in it! (pics) YAY!!!!!

Pookie doesn't live with us, but is over a lot. I was thinking that one of the pool alarms that detects motion under water rather than on top might work. How does the safety turtle work during hand washing?

It still sounds the alarm, even if you're very careful washing hands and holding a towel over the bracelet while washing. Mostly, we are pretty disappointed with our purchase. Not saying they are all bad. Ours might be a dud and "your mileage may vary". We installed a cheapo door alarm that seems to work better for us. It goes beep-beep whenever somebody opens the back door and if it's an adult, we simply ignore the beep.

Real life experience in for the win. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I did not know they had alarms that used the underwater movement BUT then you could not run the pump with it on.

Not sure what would work the best now :(

Sooo... this week, pebblesheen and water!!! (plus some other stuff that's getting addressed). Getting so excited! (Obvously a privacy fence is next on our list :) )20190602_121940.jpg20190602_122025.jpg20190602_122044.jpg20190602_122057.jpg

Wow, I would kill for nice black fertile soil like yours! Our red clay is a pain to work, stains everything, and doesn't drain at all. I guess I should count myself lucky that we don't really need bug screens here, but still....................

Thanks! Will do! The PB guy is headed over to start balancing the water today, and they'll take care of it for the first month. Water is now about 8 inches from tile line. Thanks to everyone here, I know not to sweat about the current color.?

20190607_092808.jpg
Here is a link for starting up new plaster. Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool

Once they start they start the water into the pool do NOT stop it. It might cause a ring in that pretty, new plaster!

Now here is a set of links for new pool owners:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Kim:kim:

Reactions: tessv

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That color is really coming out great!!!

Now I know they are taking care of it for the first month BUT you need to check behind them. My guess is they will only come out once a week to throw stuff into the pool. That is NOT the proper way to start up new plaster. You need to check the pH every day as new plaster pushes it up hard and fast as it cures. You also need to watch the FC as you do NOT want to get algae.

Kim:kim:

Thanks!!! we love it!
As for the chemicals, we got our Taylor K-2006C test kit yesterday, and have been testing ph and chlorine. Added chlorine (per PB instructions) and muriatic acid today. Chlorine in the early afternoon. Mostly testing to make sure we are keeping the ph level low enough, and that the chlorine isn't to high to swim. LOVING OUR POOL!

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.