The results are in

rmiller23

Mar 23, 2020
Texas
Got my TF Test Kit in the mail today! Already tested the water...and boy do I want to punch Leslies in the throat.

0.5 CL​
1.0 BR​
8.2 PH​
0.5 FC​
0.5 CC​
175 CH​
187 TA​
30 CYA​
1000 NaCL per Taylor Salt Test Strips​
I just downloaded the PoolMath app however I don't know if I can trust the SWG yet. Since we purchased the home in January, the SWG has always read low for salt level but I've put in 2 bags last month.​
Maybe I should turn off the SWG for now until I can get my chemistry stable for a couple of weeks? Just not sure which chart to follow Non-SWCG Pools or SWCG Pools
That all said, should my first step regardless should be bleach to raise my FC, correct?​
**EDIT** Next Day​
I added in the recommended liquid chlorine. Did a test and still at 0.5 FC. However, my CYA went down slightly. Before it was a little below 30 (or a little above the line), now it's right on the line. I guess I add more liquid chlorine?

Attachments

• IMG_4832.jpg
    IMG_4832.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just because you have a SWG doesn't mean you can't add liquid chlorine too for an instant rise in FC when needed. Better that than risk algae!

You just need to tweak your SWG output up or down, or the pump run time to get your desired chlorine level. As long as you're using the SWG you should be using the SWG section of the FC/CYA Levels chart.

MADDIE

Thanks Maddie. I'll add bleach and acid. We already have algae in certain parts of the pool floor. Didn't realize what it was (honestly thought it was stained/chipped/etc.) until I started reading posts here.

I added in the recommended liquid chlorine. Did a test and still at 0.5 FC. However, my CYA went down slightly. Before it was a little below 30 (or a little above the line), now it's right on the line. I guess I add more liquid chlorine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.