The problem with the cover. What are my pool cover options?

Nov 17, 2015
Oxford CT
My daughter just finished renovating her deck and it's time to get winter cover on. It was an old cracked concrete deck with anchors for safety cover. The contractor put pavers on sand over the existing patio. We just realized that anchors are not there anymore and there's no way to put anchors in existing pavers because it's not fixed to the concrete. They are laying on a sand base.
What kind of cover we can use in this case. It's a bean-shaped pool, which makes it difficult to put regular solid cover with water balloons on it.
Can we reuse old safety cover fixing it somehow to concrete blocks or some other way.
Any advice is appreciated, as we are completely lost.

Last edited:
Drill new holes and you'll be good to go. Research the specific blocks you have and how / how many pilot holes to drill..... and with which bits. The 12 or 18 inch anchor tubes will hold just fine. The patio blocks may be able to pulled out/up, but you simply cannot shift the whole patio sideways, and that's the lateral strength needed for the cover.
The contractor put pavers on sand over the existing patio.
If the old patio is still there, so are the hole locations. It's probably too much work to pull up those tiles and remove the sand to find the locations, but you could then measure and mark the new holes on the stones.

Drill new holes and you'll be good to go. Research the specific blocks you have and how / how many pilot holes to drill..... and with which bits. The 12 or 18 inch anchor tubes will hold just fine. The patio blocks may be able to pulled out/up, but you simply cannot shift the whole patio sideways, and that's the lateral strength needed for the cover.

If the old patio is still there, so are the hole locations. It's probably too much work to pull up those tiles and remove the sand to find the locations, but you could then measure and mark the new holes on the stones.
I got the idea of how to secure the anchors. The old patio is still there, so need to do extensions. What is the process of locating spots to drill? Is there a specific technique to this?

What is the process of locating spots to drill?
With an irregular shape it will probably require the cover itself to mark off the locations. I had a rectangle cover so it was alot easier to figure out where the squares would line up. I'm interested to hear ideas here too.
:epds:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.