Ok, Next step is the water line tile. I have no idea what tile to select. The problem is none of the typical showrooms are open due to the COVID-19 thing. NPT will let me borrow some samples to put next to the pool for comparison, but I don’t even know where to start. Any and all recommendations are welcomed. Pictures are great too....
Things I do know
-Pool color with be a dark blue
-QuartzScapes, Barbados Blue
-Pool coping, cantilever matched to the pool deck.
-Standard concrete grey with salt finish

I do like NPT Lightwaves, Aquamarine 1x1 for the pool steps.

Thanks

Now that could be FUN to work with!!! Think about this.............put one row of the BLING tile between every 2 or 3 large tiles! Talk about knocking it out of the block!!!

Now if you do go with this bigger tile the placement is going to oh so important!! I would do some major measuring to make sure you start in the middle with full pieces with any smaller pieces being EVENLY on the ends! Do you understand what I mean?

Kim:kim:

SWEET!!!!

Guess what time it is...............time for YOUR set of links!!!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Reactions: RobertFlagg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
*Update*

The gunite is done and the tile was just installed. the tile is straight and it looks great. They floated out the pool to make everything straight and level. We went with NPT Slate, Stone Look Tiles, 6"x12" Ash (SLT-ASH6x12) The only question I have now is the finished look at one of the returns. I'm sure the idea was to fill the gap with plaster but i think it would look alot better if they carried the tile down in line with the rest of them. Thoughts?
IMG_1220.jpgIMG_1218.jpgIMG_1219.jpgIMG_1216.jpg

The brown board will be removed. The only place I see something I would "fix" is right under the skimmer box. I would have them cut a small strip of tile so it matches the bottom of the other tiles. It is going to take a sure hand with the tape measure and saw but if they have any skills they can do it! The returns I would leave like they are.

I also just finished installing the 4 GloBright LEDs in the Color VIsion Bubblers and 2 GloBrights in the pool walls. Wired them all the way to the junction boxes. I took some time to think about how to accomplish that, but I think it turned out nice. Looks clean as can be. I also ran the pull string in the 140' run to the pool pad. I will be running a total of 4 12awg wires from the junction box to the transformers. I have the 100 watts for the two pool lights and the 300 watts on for the 4 Led's in the bubblers. Anything else I'm missing? I will be running them independent of each other on two relays in the IntelCenter. IMG_1226.jpgIMG_1227.jpgIMG_1228.jpgIMG_1229.jpg

Another project was to run the 50' of Stegmeier - Frontier Deck Drains along the old patio edge. The future concrete patio will tie into the channel drain and help with the not perfectly matched colors of new concrete and old concrete.
IMG_1230.jpgIMG_1231.jpg

Tap Water Test with TF-100

FC - 0.5
CC - 0.5
pH- 8.2
TA- 70
CH - 75

You water is as different as it can be from the other one we just saw! She is going to go through a lot of muriatic acid due to her high TA. You will go through it just because of the new plaster.

You will need to add some CH to your water so add that to the list. Look in my siggy for recommend chemicals.

So here is your shopping list:
-2 2cup PLASTIC measuring cups-1 is for the muriatic acid and the other is for all other chemicals
-white plate to hold up behind the pH tube to help color match
-new toothbrush so the pool can have your old one (great for cleaning around the return and skimmer
-Something and some where to store the muriatic acid. It can NOT be stored inside by metal or by the chlorine-they do not play well together. The M.A. fumes will cause metal to rust. Most people get a plastic bucket BUT make sure the lid can be vented. It can be store outside as it does not care about sun or heat. If you have kids you will want it where they can get to it.
-Find YOUR best source for LIQUID chlorine-some pool stores sell it but you have to put a deposit down on their jugs (it is worth it)
-muriatic acid-the 31% kind from Lowes or Home Depot. It will be outside by the pool stuff in a box with 2 jugs in it.
-PLASTIC drink cups and plate to have dinner by the pool!!!

Update, some of the flat work has started and pool pad setup is going.

Attachments

• 280A207F-527D-4E20-9C1D-3EC08D9DF603.jpeg
    280A207F-527D-4E20-9C1D-3EC08D9DF603.jpeg
    567.6 KB · Views: 58
  • F19D2F09-4156-44C1-9C38-EF4C7D99BF24.jpeg
    F19D2F09-4156-44C1-9C38-EF4C7D99BF24.jpeg
    665.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 766126B5-DF6E-48D8-8E35-47751E1D70CC.jpeg
    766126B5-DF6E-48D8-8E35-47751E1D70CC.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 54
  • E589D242-70C2-4729-B4ED-C174FAC40A1F.jpeg
    E589D242-70C2-4729-B4ED-C174FAC40A1F.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 2448194A-F9FE-4D17-BDD7-C2E984B76734.jpeg
    2448194A-F9FE-4D17-BDD7-C2E984B76734.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: mguzzy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.