'The Pool Cleaner' Replacement Tires

Mister C

Apr 30, 2020
Sun City West, AZ
Hello all...brand new to forum so this is my first post. Our pool was installed 2 years ago. We just opened up for the year as well as having a heat pump and variable speed pump installed. I noticed that our vacuum ("The Pool Cleaner") is acting a bit strange...it is hanging out in the same area, spending a lot of time banging it's head against the wall and/or doing slow donuts. I inspected the unit and see it is time for new tires as the wear indicators are no longer visible. I was looking at some YouTube videos for this vacuum and discovered that there are 'solid tape' replacement tires made or slippery surfaces, fiberglass was specifically mentioned. When I Googled this further, I see references to these tires for use with pools listed as 'fiberglass - spray in'. I'm not certain what the 'spray in' references. Our pool was a drop in fiberglass shell.

Would we benefit from purchasing the solid tape tires as opposed to the standard replacement?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.