The Pool Cleaner Back Wheels Won't Touch

Jan 9, 2010
Spring Texas
i have a 4 year Hayward The Pool Cleaner that wore out a gear. I purchased an entire new bottom and installed it.

Now the cleaner tilts forward and the back drive wheels will not stay on the bottom and the cleaner will not move. i have turned up the pressure and made sure the wheels are turning. i have also checked and made sure i got the 8 bottom flaps back on the correct side. It still tilts forward and wont move.

If i pull back on the hose it connects and takes off like before. what have i done wrong?

Is this a pressure side cleaner or a suction side cleaner? There is no The Pool Cleaner robot (as listed in your signature) - a robot has a low voltage electric cord that is attached to electric power only (no hose involved and doesn't need a pump running to work).

Does the hose have a weight on it? If so, try adjusting the location of the weight to help the rear wheels make contact.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.