The photos I take with my phone are huge. Is that a problem for the forum

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
I was sharing photos with my neighbor who is quite the photographer. He told me that the pictures I was uploading were just way to big. He showed me on paint shop pro how to resize them. Then I remembered that I have posted many pictures on this forum. Should I make them smaller going forward? I don't have paint shop pro, is there anything built into windows to resize them? Can I embed the pictures from my google photos into a post (to save server space on TFP) as they automatically get backed up to google when I take a picture?

I think I really need to set aside some time and play around with the posting features. I see lots of buttons on a bar up there that are confusing to me!

Simple image resizer for Windows

TFP now has the MEDIA - GALLERY for storing pictures on this site.

@Leebo can comment on best practices for pics here.

If they upload......we’re good. ?

Some photos are redonkishly HUGE for posting on the net with most of these being shot in HDR format. The server will toss an error to the user when attempting to upload these. I wanna say any photo over 5MB in size (could be 4.....I don’t remember for sure) will be rejected.

That said, every photo that gets uploaded now is sent to an image optimizer that reduces the size if it can while maintaining the quality. This is saving TFP a fair bit of space in the grand scheme of things.

In the end we want to help you enjoy your pool. We want to enjoy talking about pools. We love looking at pools. We’d rather you upload your photo here (especially seeing the supporter badge next to your name) than some third party site that may shut down tomorrow taking your photos down too.

Using the Media Gallery is the best way to upload photos. It stores photos under your username and lets you add comments and tags as well as allow other people to see them. It takes a few more clicks and taps to make it happen but I prefer it over using the inline image attachment feature.

Reactions: gonfishin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.