The numbers game

Jul 17, 2012
Forest, VA
My pool has been open for a few weeks and looks really good. Numbers are solid. The temperature is still really cold and we will not be swimming for a while. Should I just keep the FC and pH at the target levels? CYA is around 50-55. I have been keeping the FC around 5-10. According to the CYA chart my FC should not be below 4. Am I doing this right? thanks in advance for your replies.

I think your doing fine. Just maintain your levels like your are. Make sure you don't let your FC fall below the min. Do you think your CYA is closer to 50 or 60 ?
Your using liquid chlorine I hope ?

Sounds like you are doing well with FC and have an understanding. Your range is a little broad, but if you understand the target for Cya and you aren't letting it slack, then you are on the right track with that.

Yep raise your FC up. Your right at the min as you know. When you get into higher chlorine demand you can go to 8. That'll give you more wiggle room for burn off so you don't fall below the minimum.
Thanks for the test results. Your doing a good job !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.