Snyder, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Got an email yesterday from the bank about getting ready to close on the loan. I called my PB and he said they are booked till March 2021. Sigh. They have a good reputation around the area, so I don't mind waiting on them. Besides, it'll give us more time to save money for upgrades.

We are having SouthWest Pools from Abilene, TX build our pool.

This is the basic plan, We will be upgrading the plaster, coping and variable pump, etc.

Thought I'd share. Pretty excited!

Tdownload.jpg

Great! We signed in April and are waiting til November. It’s given me time to study the position of the sun during the summer, save money, research and check out lots of pools in the area. We hired a highly recommended PB too so it’s worth the wait. Good luck!

Reactions: Lineman7
Great! We signed in April and are waiting til November. It’s given me time to study the position of the sun during the summer, save money, research and check out lots of pools in the area. We hired a highly recommended PB too so it’s worth the wait. Good luck!
Thanks!

We thought maybe they wouldn't be busy due to the virus.... we thought wrong. Makes sense.

My good friend from college told me last week how 'this might be the year he decides to get a pool'. Being close old chums and all I belly laughed him off the phone.

Yeh, great to see finally some progress. If they stay at it you will be swimming before long. Just speaking my mind, I'd get rid of the chlorinator as it can be more trouble then you can imagine. You can have high CYA and then a green pool to follow as the chlorine will stop performing. Get a SWCG and call it done. Don't know what's the pool capacity so can't recommend now.

Last edited:
Yeh, great to see finally some progress. If they stay at it you will be swimming before long. Just speaking my mind, I'd get rid of the chlorinator as it can be more trouble then you can imagine. You can have high CYA and then a green pool to follow as the chlorine will stop performing. Get a SWCG and call it done. Don't know what's yhe pool capacity so can't recommend now.
Roger that.

So.... we left the SWG out due to money. Seems when we went to finalize the build we were pushing what we could afford. I still need to budget a propane heater....

With that being said, I've been reading on this site for a year now and I think I have wrapped my brain around the chemistry understanding of a TFP. My plan is to use LC 90% of the time. Only utilizing the chlorinator for times when we take the rare trip outta town. This process could get old for me though. I guess in reality I could always add a SWG at a later date down the road..???

Reactions: wireform
I guess in reality I could always add a SWG at a later date down the road..???
Absolutely at any time once the dust settles. Maybe even a stimulus present. :)

I think we need to shift the focus a bit more away from everyone saying SWGs are a great think. It doesn’t carry the proper weight to it.

I for example darn near moved Heaven and Earth to secure mine and now that I have it, will build a pool around it. Pffffffft. Silly details like having a PB and building a pool. Got my SWG during a pandemic/freeze shortage..... the hard part is DONE. :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely at any time once the dust settles. Maybe even a stimulus present. :)

I think we need to shift the focus a bit more away from everyone saying SWGs are a great think. It doesn’t carry the proper weight to it.

I for example darn near moved Heaven and Earth to secure mine and now that I have it, will build a pool around it. Pffffffft. Silly details like having a PB and building a pool. Got my SWG during a pandemic/freeze shortage..... the hard part is DONE. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah... that's the other problem. No supplies.... Luckily my PB had enough clout to stock pile materials.

Now that you have your SWG.... you can build your masterpiece :laughblue:

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Almost there. Need deck sealant and PB gonna credit the micro light the messed up on for the sun deck. I think I can figure something out on it to make it happen.
Now the wife and I get to build fence and and landscape. They did the start up today. I was already geeking out on the testing.
CYA 0. Gonna get some tomorrow. That’ll help
FC 2.0
PH 7.8
TA 130

That was tonight before turning in.

AFFCDC83-9725-4509-9FAC-B048AEFEB3BD.jpegBE3FDECD-B510-405B-8731-932479B05F25.jpegC7418090-1110-4CA4-9D74-13159CA9CA84.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.