Thanks!!!

OCLV5500

Gold Supporter
Jun 27, 2018
Ft. Lauderdale
Just wanted to thank everyone in this community. I was having issues with my pool in June when I found this site. At the advice of many here, I ordered the TF100 test kit and stopped relying on my local pool store for testing. The difference has been night and day. I was going into the pool site once or twice a week and felt like every time I walked out I had spent $40-$60. Even worse, they had me put so much calcium that I started to get calcium flake in the pool. The first test with the TF100 indicated that CH was 875. I went back to the pool store to talk to them and they said that was impossible. Haven't been back there since. After several partial drains and rainwater refills I got things balanced properly. Now I test the basic pH and TCL every few days and do the full suite of TF100 tests on the weekend. The pool is perfect all the time and I've hardly spend any money on chemicals since 7/1 when I took control myself. This would not have been possible without this community and the great information that is shared on here. Just wanted to say thanks to the mods and all the active people who give great advice.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Having control of your pool is a wonderful thing!

Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
I read this thread back to back with this one:

Nothing But Trouble After Switching to BBB

Quite a contrast of experiences. Just goes to show, if you follow the TFP directions... success.

If you follow just some of the directions... not so much.

I'm not picking on that other person, just pointing out that you can't mix'n'match TFP advice with others', or cherry pick just what you want to do, or just read part of Pool School, or try to save a little money and use a test kit that is "just as good."

Congrat's on your success!