Thanks

Ron55

Jun 23, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hi y'all. I'm back after having a very successful pool season last year thanks to all the good people here.

Opened the pool this year to a green cloudy mess (boy do I hate my loop -loc cover) and now its clear as crystal.

Overdid the chlorine (oops) and now just waiting for it to get to normal limits and then it is just maintenance mode :)

FC 19
CC 0.5
CYA 30
PH 7.6
TA 120
CH 190

I just wanted to thank the people here for sharing their knowledge. To all you first timers I would say two things:

Follow their advice, they know what they are talking about.
Stick with the plan, it will work.

I had some algae last year I just couldn't get rid of and came here frustrated. I got rid of the algae and the pool store! and am a very happy camper.

Just replenished some test kit stuff to support the site.

Have a great season everyone.

Ron

pabeader

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
May 14, 2015
Cartersville Ga
Thanks for the great praise. And good job too you! :thumleft:

Heck, you might want to even go a step further and press the Support button up at the top of the page. You get a cool badge and some nice perks, too. Have a great summer and feel free to help encourage some folks if you notice they need it. :)

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
I'm glad you have found our information helpful and have saved money over the pool store and their sales, as Bob said, please consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donation are what keep the electrons flowing.

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
Now that you know how to do it, stick around and share that knowledge. Opening season is upon us and the forum will be overwhelmed with green pool posts. One doesn't need an expert or moderator badge to answer!

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Now that you know how to do it, stick around and share that knowledge. Opening season is upon us and the forum will be overwhelmed with green pool posts. One doesn't need an expert or moderator badge to answer!
Best answer!! Thanks Richard.

Other Threads of Interest