Thanks for a great season! Closing was cake!

mkenyon2

Nov 25, 2009
Cleona, PA
Well, after a sloppy start (dumping the cover's sludge into the pool) my pool has been crystal clear all season! Didn't have to shock once (again, after the sloppy start).
So, today, I brought the pool to shock level, cleaned it, pulled out the steps, and put the cover on. I didn't drain it yet, I want to run the pump a bit w/ the cover on at shock level, in case there was any stuff on the cover.

I'll drain tomorrow and pull the plug. I figure, with my new-found experience and what I've learned here, next year will be another Crystal Year!

mkenyon2

Nov 25, 2009
Cleona, PA
Hmm... I'm interested... we are up north, things do freeze. I don't want my lines freezing... but could you give me more info? (Also, I'll probably need to drain it a lot to fix the liner that's getting pulled out of the track.)

PoolGuyNJ

TFP Expert
May 20, 2007
South Central NJ
Blow the lines full of air to get the water out and plug them. No water = no frozen lines.

For the liner, depending on it's age, a Big pot of hot water and a smaller one to ladle. Ladle the hot water onto the liner. It will soften and allow you to pull it up .

Scott

Other Threads of Interest