Thank you. THANK YOU.

Jonniker

Jul 17, 2020
MA
I have been lurking in this forum since April, when I decided to put up an Intex pool in our rather small yard. Y'all seemed so dire and serious, and part of me wondered if I was going too far, but I followed all of your instructions to the letter, and our pool has been amazing. Leveling the ground was the hardest thing I have ever done, and I did it all by hand, myself (a 44yo woman), and got it all within 1/4 of an inch. I put each of the legs on 12" pavers per all of your instructions, and within the first WEEK, they paid off. My daughter accidentally let the hose run near the base of the pool, threatening to wash out all of the level dirt I had killed myself on. THEY HELD THE LINE. The pool did not move. Not one quarter inch.

Truly. Thank you. I have such peace of mind letting my kids play with relative abandon. The one kicker is that my blue square tiles are not even, because the SEAM is uneven, which makes the pool water look unlevel. It took me ... a while to figure out it was the seam. I stood over every single inch of that thing with a tape measure and two levels. IT WAS THE SEAM. It's a half square off from one side to the other because of how the top is sewn. WEEP.

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
Jonniker, that's really GREAT to hear!!!

Of course that seam business would drive me nuts too. Can we get a picture of your pool? Your water's been good too, right??

If you can swing it, becoming a TFP supporter helps the website stay up and running for others and your future needs.

Maddie

Reactions: mknauss and tim5055
Jonniker, that's really GREAT to hear!!!

Of course that seam business would drive me nuts too. Can we get a picture of your pool? Your water's been good too, right??

If you can swing it, becoming a TFP supporter helps the website stay up and running for others and your future needs.

Maddie
The water is clear and beautiful, thanks to y'all and the test kit. And honestly, I will. It helped SO MUCH

Reactions: mknauss
Great news to hear.

Earthwork by hand is hard. I think a lot of people don't realize just how heavy and how much volume a small project takes, let alone a pool. Just removing grass and topsoil is a pain by hand.

Hello and Welcome to TFP !!
Congrats on the pool. That hard work is paying off now.
Before I got my pool installed, I thought the yard was relatively flat. Nope, 14” from one side to the other!! o_O I paid someone to do the leveling, do I can’t take any credit for that.
Glad you are enjoying the pool!

full

I cannot stop giggling over “THEY HELD THE LINE!” 😂

I have leveled for a pool twice, and I never, ever, ever want to do it again. I will pay someone next time!

We need some pics!

I cannot stop giggling over “THEY HELD THE LINE!” 😂

I have leveled for a pool twice, and I never, ever, ever want to do it again. I will pay someone next time!

We need some pics!
I said that too n here I am about to do it again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.