Thank You & a couple of questions

cdods

May 24, 2018
Smiths Falls, Ontario
First off a big thank you to TF Pools and those of you who have answered my previous questions. As a pool newbie I was a bit hesitant to take on the DIY installation and maintenance of a pool, but after a few bumps and mistakes I now have a pool that is perfectly clear, balanced, and being enjoyed by the family.

Now a couple of questions.
1) When hooking up the vacuum it's almost most impossible not to suck in a little air for a second or two. From what I can tell, this air just gets pushed right through and back out the returns, but I just wondered if I should be worried about this at all?

2) My pump (Hayward Maxflow VS) has the option of running a prime "cycle" each time the pump is turned on. The pump is below the water level so it says full without any priming. Is there any advantage to having the prime cycle run, or should I just turn it off? The advantage of turning it off is that when it runs, the suction on the skimmer is strong enough that if the water level has dropped much below halfway on the skimmer, it will pull air in during the priming cycle, so turning if off would mean I would have a little more room to let the water level vary during dry hot spells.

When I vacuum I run water through the hose (using the return) until all air is out, then I keep the ends under the water while hooking up to the basket. I find I get very little air this way but I cannot eliminate all air. It works its way out quickly so I have not been concerned. I will turn off my SWG however while I am vacuuming due to the added air in the system.

No idea on the pump, sorry!

When I vacuum I run water through the hose (using the return) until all air is out, then I keep the ends under the water while hooking up to the basket. I find I get very little air this way but I cannot eliminate all air. It works its way out quickly so I have not been concerned. I will turn off my SWG however while I am vacuuming due to the added air in the system.

No idea on the pump, sorry!

Thanks. I guess I won't worry about it either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.