Tfp results are eye catching

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Your pool looks good! Out of curiosity, could you tell us what was wrong and what you did to achieve the results?
Thanks
Well actually I had a bad case of mustard alge so I drained my pool because no matter how much I chlorinated I couldn't get rid of it. Of course I drained my pool before I found this site. I'm not sure if I could have rescued it or not. I actually found this place as my pool was filling up so after fumbling around with the initial start up I did some reading and proceeded to ordered the tf-100 kit and started the slam process and trying to balance my water. I know I made some initial mistakes so the green to clear process took about a week but I'm still happy with the results. If I had to do it again I would test my fill water ahead of time so I would know what I need to start the process like adding calcium, lowering my pH and alkalinity and adding stabilizer. I didn't do any of those things in the beginning so my pool just ate through 12 gallons of chlorine in no time. Anyways.... This site is great and as I'm no expert I'm learning more and more. I have always liked doing things myself and this is just another thing in my box of knowledge.

Thanks for the info. I’m learning as well. I thought I knew what I was doing. That is until what I was doing started not working. I want to be able to figure this out as well. My pool is only 1.5yrs old and I’m realizing I need some wisdom.

Thanks for the info. I’m learning as well. I thought I knew what I was doing. That is until what I was doing started not working. I want to be able to figure this out as well. My pool is only 1.5yrs old and I’m realizing I need some wisdom.
You are in the same exact boat I was in. Honestly I thought if I just add tabs and use dichlor once in a while, that's all you had to do! Boy was I wrong. I've had this pool for 3 years and this is the second time I've emptied it. The first time I had help on the start up by a pool guy but this time I was determined to do everything myself and in the process I've learned just adding chlorine and cleaning the filters is not taking care of a pool. Balancing the water is super important and using only tabs and dichlor is a no no. Before reading on this forum I had no idea what cya was, but that was killing the effectiveness of my chlorine. I definitely had no idea running my waterfall would raise the pH! There is lots of great info here as well as great people! Good luck to us both on having crystal clear water for our families to enjoy ?!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.