TFP Expert Discussion - Pumps, Filters, Heaters

I am not a Comcast fan either but my options were Comcast at one gig or AT&T DSL at 3 meg.
I found the best way to deal with Comcast is chat vs phone calls
wish we had more choices
I lucked out and had 18megs…..so there! 😂 My hope is in time Starlink works fine as that’s about my next best bet long term, unless Comcast works acceptably. 🤞

I lucked out and had 18megs…..so there! 😂 My hope is in time Starlink works fine as that’s about my next best bet long term, unless Comcast works acceptably. 🤞
The problem with DSL is copper oxidizes and those lines are older than dirt.
Coax holds up better and easier to replace
Fiber is great but not many can get it yet

Mr Burns monitors those chats and is just ready to "release the hounds" the moment a customer complains. Cable companies have quasi utility protection but without any level of accountability for service. That said Mr Burns, my service is good with 1 Gig so don't release the hounds!!
Last time I told him I was canceling if I didn’t lower my price they pretty much said “want the link for the form”

• Haha
Reactions: Wolfepack88
On in twenty minutes!!

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Totally agree with @Jimrahbe - as soon as my Pentair QuadDE100 goes, I’m downgrading to a Clean n Clear but upgrading to whole lot less work. I love my Quad, it does an awesome job but I, too, am done with messing around with DE.

I also wanted to comment that there are operational differences between a “cartridge style” DE filter like my Quad and an old-school “spiral grid style” DE filter. Not huge differences, but they do exist. There are also “finger-style” DE filters with a “bump” feature. So the world of DE filters is not completely monolithic.

Outstanding Vid. Thanks to all....
Great point made by Allen regarding folks (builders) who are attempting to use their filter pump to perform double duty as a Spa Jet pump as well and then not getting the spa jet results that they were expecting. :goodjob:
Thanks again!
r.

Some heat pumps have an internal bypass.

(39) R172305 WATER BYPASS CHECK VALVE.

However, it is a 12 psi spring.

So, it is not going to do much good based on the head loss graph, which shows that the pressure never gets to 12 psi.

Based on the minimum required flow of 30 gpm, the spring should be about 3 to 5 psi, not 12 psi.

Maximum 120 gpm [456 lpm] - If system flow rate exceeds 120 gpm, a bypass valve is required.

Minimum 30 gpm [110 lpm]

Maximum Working Water Pressure 50 psi

For a heat pump where a high flow is needed, adding an external 3 to 5 psi check valve bypass in parallel would be a good choice.

1626571937848.png

1626571740988.png

1626571623737.png

Reactions: mknauss
For years I avoided Comcast as I greatly wanted to avoid having to see if the stories about their poor customer service were true or not.
I like how Comcast has to make a video titled "Prepare Your Business for Service Outages".

Basically, we know that the service will drop out on a regular basis, so we want to warn you up front.

They actually say that you can get real time service updates online when your service goes out.

If the service is out, how is the customer going to get the update online?

1626573387425.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.